Maid of Honor Responsibilities
- She helps the bride pick her wedding dress.
- Pays for her own dress and accessories.
- Hosts the hen's night or bridal shower.
- Signs the Marriage Certificate.
- She carries the groom's ring.
The Wedding Ceremony
- Helps the bride with dressing and assists with the train
- Assists with the bridal veil.
- Holds the bride's bouquet during the ceremony.
- Carries an emergency kit with needle and thread.
- Carries extra nylons, a roll of tape etc...
- Holds a copy of any special prayers.
- Holds a copy of any readings for the ceremony.
- She stands by the bride at the altar.
- Supervises the bridesmaids.
At the Reception
- She is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- During the reception, she mixes with the guests.
- Is photographed as part of the wedding party.
- She dances with the best man at the reception.
- She helps the bride with her train during bridal waltz.
- Helps the brides with train during photography.
- Gathers the single women for bouquet toss.
- Assists the bride in dressing for the honeymoon.
- Returning clothing items to the bride's home after the reception.
- May receive a shower gift and wedding gift from the bride.