Best Man Responsibilities
- He plans and pays for bachelor party with groomsmen.
- He pays for his own attire.
- Attends ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Helps the groom dress and gets him to the church on time.
The Wedding Ceremony
- He pays the clergyman on behalf of the groom and bride.
- Signs and witnesses the Marriage Certificate.
- He holds the Bride's ring until the ceremony.
- Supervises the groomsmen.
At the Reception
- He acts as the host, welcoming the guests at the reception.
- He is seated at the table of hour with the bride and groom.
- Is photographed as part of the wedding party.
- He offers the first toast to the bride and groom.
- He dances with the Bride after the groom and both fathers.
- Dances with the matron of honour
- He is responsible for packing the suitcases into the honeymoon car.
- Any tickets, keys etc are in his safekeeping.
- Helps the bride and groom depart when the night is done.
- Collects and returns all formal wear rentals on time.
- Arranges transportation and drives the couple to the hotel or the airport.
- May receive a gift from the groom.