Usher Wedding Duties
- Groomsmen ushers assist and take directions from the best man.
- He pays for his own attire.
- Attends ceremony rehearsals.
- Helps and assists the bestman along with the groomsmen.
- There may be one or more ushers to a wedding depending on the size.
The Wedding Ceremony
- At least one usher arrives at the wedding venue before the best man and groom.
- He hands out any service sheets etc.
- Making sure everything is in place and correctly set up.
- At the ceremony, one usher waits outside giving advice.
- Directs guests to their appropriate seating at the ceremony.
- Informs the groom, the organist and choir when the bride is arriving.
- Stays at the back of the ceremony to direct late guests.
- May be required to slip out during the service for errands.
- Usher number 2, heads to the reception in advance to check welcome drinks and all arrangements are in place.
- Usher number 1 stays behind ensures everybody knows the way to the reception.
At the Reception
- He may hand out button holes for guests.
- Co-ordinates photographer and guests to be photographed.
- Making sure all guests have a drink and someone to talk to.
- Directs guests to cloakrooms and bathrooms.
- Ensures wedding gifts are appropriately placed.
- Ensures bride and grooms wedding car is ready and packed.
- Reminds people to take all their belongings at the end of the evening.
- Checks nothing has been forgotten or left behind.
- May receive a gift from the groom.